We will need 1 or 2 days to translate a death certificate. We will arrange the text on a separate sheet, keeping its original structure and formatting. If needed, we can notarize our translation in Russia or simply certify it by our company’s seal.
Death certificate translation cost
Both foreign and Russian death certificates are translated at a fixed rate. They have a standardized form and more or less the same amount of text.
How we translate death certificates
Similar to other standard form documents, translators quickly deal with the template phrases (already checked and approved) and move on to verifying the names, dates and numbers. We will transliterate the names and surnames according to other documents in the same language. If you have no such documents, a passport or an ID card will do.
We will check if the numbers are typed in correctly
Translation of death certificates has its own specifics. For instance, we do not transliterate registration numbers. This way your certificate can be easily identified (in an archive, for example). This means the letters that indicate the series of a certificate, whether Latin or Cyrillic, remain unchanged.
Dates and numbers in an Estonian death certificate
All the dates and numbers are double checked after the translation is finished
We know how to deal with seals, stamps, and signatures
- All legible stamps and seals will be translated. If we cannot figure out certain text, we will mark it /illegible/.
- Signatures will be indicated in the translated file.
A fragment of an Estonian death certificate with a doctor's seal
The seal is also translated into Russian
We will take care of formatting
Our translation of a death certificate will look similar to the original document. Not identical, but reading through the text will be easy and convenient if you want to compare the data with the source document.
- We will try to use the same amount of space for translated content, so that it fits on the same number of pages.
- If the original death certificate features text in bold or italics we will preserve this kind of formatting in translation.
- We preserve the layout including tables and other major styling elements.
A fragment of a death certificate with a complex table
The table is preserved in Russian translation